MICHIGAN FORESTS FOREVER TEACHERS GUIDE
|MAP AND COMPASS|
1. Practice using compasses. Cardinal directions. Purpose of magnetic needle and housing needle.
2. How to determine the azimuth from point A to point B.
3. How to follow a given azimuth from a known point to an unknown point.
4. How chart a route on a map before going into the field.
5. Resource people; local Scout leaders, foresters, land surveyors, etc.
6. Determine your number of paces (two steps) in a chain and in 100 feet.
Teacher Guide Link
|SOCIAL STUDIES||MATH||LANGUAGE ARTS|
|This website was developed and created by Michigan State University Extension for the teachers of the State of Michigan. The website is maintained by the Delta-Schoolcraft Independent School District in support of the Michigan Forests Forever CD-ROM from the Michigan Forest Resource Alliance.|
Please provide comments to Bill Cook: firstname.lastname@example.org or 786-1575